Monday, November 3, 2014

T'was the night before Election Day, and all through the house............

.....nobody gave a tinker's dam.

Instead of being all excited about getting out the vote and other assorted favorite pastimes, I don't even want to write about the damn thing. Saying I am disgusted by what I read and what I see is a modest understatement to the total revulsion I feel toward the election process.

Not that I think there is a better one. I just don't think that the lies, viciousness, more lies, outright lies, sleight of hand, sleight of mouth, sleight of brain is the way to present the case for electing those who will govern this country.

We are struggling to maintain a technological edge in this global economy and morons like Mitch McConnell are saying they're not so sure about environmental science. Our kids are not doing well in maths and sciences,  but we're too busy cutting programs to spend money on education..unless, of course, it's to add creationism to the curriculum as science. Our roads and bridges are crumbling, yet not one congressperson is suggesting we start a WPA-like system to actually employ people to fix the roads and bridges. No, we're spending billions on private contractors who cannot manage to finish anything on time, much less under budget. And in the past week, we've seen what a screaming success private sector space research has become.

And people are gonna send the same people back to congress who think their jobs are to stop the government from functioning. I am talking about both sides here, although the GOP has a pretty good track record of doing anything and everything possible to destroy the office of the President of the United States. And if they do it to the Dems, just wait..the Dems will do it to the next GOP president. Gag me with a spoon. I've seen better behaved first graders.

As for the local races I once cared about...well, the opposition candidate for mayor of Mendota Heights got himself into an "altercation" at the Moose...at a benefit for Officer Patrick who was shot last summer... and admitted he was drinking beers "throughout the day," but took a cab home. DING DING DING DING DING..WRONG ANSWER. He has virtually disappeared from sight. And Oberbobermober? Money thrown into the wind. He was never a serious candidate and if he didn't know that, he's too stupid to be running for anything. The Dem-machine made up its mind that the 2nd wasn't worth the bother, so there is no choice.


And the creepy guy running for Governor against Mark Dayton looks like Eddie Haskell and sounds like the kid running for junior high student council who promises, "If elected I'll make sure they serve chocolate pudding every day at lunch!" Yeah, right. Like that is gonna happen. He has been calling the governor senile for the past few months. 
"After 37 years in politics, I don't think he's up to the job. He doesn't know what's in the bills he signs. I don't think he's an engaged governor"  
And you are????????? You can't even remember what you said in your own policy statements!  Check out minutes 21-23 on the Vikings' stadium. The guy is living in cloud-cuckooland

Not that it matters. What matter to these voters is that which scares them most. 
Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/10/31/3780516/last-chance-for-governor-candidates.html#storylink=cpy

So I am signing off for the evening. I will get up early tomorrow to vote because I lost my right to complain if I don't vote. And besides, they're trying to get a levy to build a football stadium for Henry Sibley High School. There's a "NO" vote. The other two referendums I am supporting.  But NOT ONE RED CENT for a game that breaks children's brains. Wanna hear the really sad part? I think of the three referenda, the one most like to pass is the stadium...which should tell you something about this school district

Next week, I just may write about the kitchen renovation, Definitely a more uplifting topic.

[Muppet News Flash ~ I voted at Friendly Hills Middle School at 7:30 this morning.]


Wifely Person's Tip o'the Week
If you don't vote, don't complain. 
Don't vote, and you've lost the right to have an opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment