Monday, August 20, 2012

You Can't Fix Stupid

Steve (z”l) used to say, “You can’t fix stupid.”  I can only imagine what he would say about Missouri Congressman Todd Aikin.

Congressman Aikin seems to be under the impression that not only some forms of rape are OK, he also is of the strange volition that women have magic powers to prevent conception in cases of rape.

                       “It seems to be, first of all, from what I understand from 
                        doctors, it’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female 
                        body has ways to try to shut the whole thing down.”

Wow! I don’t know even where to begin with that.  Here, I was all set to write on morals, ethics, and legality but this came along and I confess, I am weak and I cannot pass this up.

IS THIS MAN INSANE??????????????

Apparently not. Despite Mssers Romney and Ryan’s statements of utter disbelief...and kudos to them for managing to get them out without gagging…this guy actually has supporters and defenders. And spiritual leader named Pastor D. James Kennedy who not only supports this nonsense, but goes on to say that women who choose abortion after rape are “hysterical.” His word, not mine. 

What I find particularly hysterical about this situation is that Romney and Ryan have their knickers twisted up over his statements. Hey! Aren’t these the Romney Twins who want to outlaw most forms of oral contraception? These guys are supporting the fertilized-ovum-as-person. And along with that goes in-vitro fertilization and stem cell research. The same guys who want to make ALL abortion illegal, even in cases of rape and incest? 

Dark ages. These clowns are sending us back to the dark ages! I don't know about any of your other hysterical women, but I am totally offended by this dude. Come to think of it, I'm offended by the whole lot of them. But more about this stuff later.

Okay…it’s late. I’m tired. The New York Times sent a photographer to shoot me this afternoon and 2 ½ hours later, I hope she got something usable. Something that doesn’t make me look like a cuckoo-fat-face! 

And if you’re asking why the New York Times sent a photog today….hang on. All will be revealed next Monday. I promise. And right now, I am going to walk the dog!

Wifely Person's Tip o' the Week
Women over 60 should avoid wearing really high heels when dancing.




1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately for the GOP, Rep. Akin opened his big mouth too soon. They wanted to reveal this portion of the official Republican Party platform in front of the entire nation. Now, they have to feign shock and disdain just so they can "surprise" everyone with their radical conservatism in Tampa. Remember "smaller government, unless we think otherwise."

    ReplyDelete