Monday, February 11, 2019

You're right; I'm sorry.

A couple of weeks ago, I sorta defended Ilhan Omar in hopes that she would grow up, educate herself, and knock off the trash talk about Jews and Israel.  And I heard from a lot of people how unhappy they were with my optimism.

Well, Congressclown Omar lived up to her history this week...and it's only Monday.

Here's the thing. I have no objection to anyone criticizing any PAC, AIPAC or otherwise. I have no problem with people criticizing Bibi or Likud or Israeli politics. I do it all the time. Just like I criticize American politics. Democracy dies in the darkness and criticism is important to illuminate what is wrong, what can improve, what needs to go away. That is not, however, carte blanche to use traditionally racist rhetoric to make your point. Next thing y'know, she'll be handing out copies of The Protocols at fundraising events. That way, she can appeal to both wings at once. 

The seriously scary parts are the comments that follow the twitter thread. 

Meanwhile, on a more terrifying note, St. Amy of Minnesota has tossed her knitted tam into the POTUS ring. Once upon a time, I would've been jumping up and down with a placard, but not lately. I have a significant amount of trouble with her treatment of Al Franken. Seemed like she cozied up to Gillibrand the Destroyer for some cockamamie, unfathomable reason. And I sent her an email warning her that if she harbored any thoughts of entering the race for president, she'd better be well prepared for the frontal attack that would be launched upon her launch. And I am willing to bet if you dig beneath the covers, you will find Gillibrand's muddy fingerprints all over it. Well she did and she did. This garbage about Amy being a tough boss is the most absurd, sexist, misogynistic, bull-loney kinda hogwash one can think of. Really? They couldn't find a male staffer to say she raped him? I'm sure that's next. 

There is no one "pure" enough to survive this campaign. It's already ugly and it's barely started. Everyone who dares to try will be ripped to shreds, and what the GOP doesn't do to the Democrats, they will do to themselves. 

And for the record, I hope the governor of Virginia doesn't resign. Not because of white privilege or believing black face and white hoods are okay costumes (they are not,) but because Dr. Northam has been a pediatric neurologist who has devoted his life to saving other lives while fighting for the good of his state. If he did something heinous while in the military or while practicing medicine, then tell us about it. I really don't care what he did in medical school. Like the old joke says, "Know what they call the guy who graduated last in his class in med school?" 

Doctor.


The Wifely Person's Tip o'the Week
Don't believe anything you read on twitter




1 comment:

  1. Klobuchar is an empty suit with no leadership or vision. Her actions and words towards Franken's intent to run were shameful.

    ReplyDelete