Monday, May 3, 2021

Catch-up Week: Not much happening

Bodies lined up
I suppose I should be writing about what happened in Israel on Mt. Meron on Lag B'omer last week, but frankly, I do not feel compelled to do so. I have very mixed feelings about what happened. Yes, it was a tragedy. Yes, people, including children, died. But the circumstances that led to those deaths was neither new nor unforeseeable. Mt. Meron on Lag B'omer was a disaster waiting to happen. And now it has. Will it change anything? High unlikely. Don't get me started.

I could write about President Biden's first 100 days in office, but gee, everyone under the sun has already done that. His speech the other night was calm, collected, and borderline boring. Exactly how it should've been. Sure, there were some points that were exaggerated, but nothing in that speech had me jumping outta my chair with steam coming out my ears. In fact, I shared a moment with Cruz....I dozed off at one point. 

The most entertaining part of the evening was the rebuttal by Senator Tim Scott (R-S.C.) Whoa, there were some whoppers in there. The part about packing the Supreme Court was hysterical. As was the section on voting reform. He did say that America is not a racist country and that President Biden was pulling this nation apart. Wow. Just wow. Where has he been for the last 5 years??????? I'll tell you where: he's been lining himself up to be the Black voice telling Republicans what they want to hear. Near as I can tell, he's not gonna to rock the GOP boat, and the GOP needs a really good looking youngish guy to bolster their image. A match made in evangelical heaven. I'm just not sure the people they want to buy this bull-oney are buying this bull-oney.

yes, that's Kedem grape juice.
On a lighter note, not only did Young Sir get his first haircut last week in time for Lag B'omer, I had him on Friday at my house. We had a great time, and he even had an in-depth phone conversation with his great-uncle, my Big Brother. We took a long walk, picked up some flat rocks, and then painted them. (I'll explain that in a minute.) He helped get the table ready for shabbat, and we all had dinner together. Life doesn't get much sweeter than that....unless, of course, you get to babysit Saturday night because mom and dad are finally having date night with dinner at a restaurant on a patio. I was thrilled. Something normal.  I was so happy for them! And I was even happier when Little Miss removed the book from my hands, made me vacate the story stool, and read her brother one of his bedtime stories. Between Young Sir suddenly looking like a little boy, and Little Miss reading to her brother, I thought my heart would burst.

This is a good time for that. We are counting down the last days of the Omer which means Ziggy's yahrzeit is but a few weeks away. 12 years. That's why we were painting rocks. We will decorate them and put them on Ziggy's headstone. It is unfathomable to me that he does not know these two gigglers. That he never met them. My heart will just have to burst for his, too.


The Wifely Person's Tip o'the Week
Just because many restrictions are lifted,
we are not all safe from Covid-19 infection.
Be smart. Be safe.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo of your 2 grandkids -- it looks like they actually get along.

    ReplyDelete