Monday, June 19, 2023

My Blog, My Rules

I always joked about running a B&B. I was gonna call it Chez Siegfried, but the guy who thought it might be a fun thing to do left the building much sooner than we ever anticipated. The idea wasn't as much fun without him. HOWEVER, having house guests is another matter completely!

losing my star boarder
The Senior Son departed for home this morning, having been bunking in with me for 2 weeks while he did some decompressing and reconnecting with old friends. Since Mrs. Senior Son is a baker and this is June, she was more than happy to send him to Mam (that's me!) for a couple of weeks. Despite me being worried I would hock him to death, it turned out to be a fun time. He did his thing, I did mine, we had dinner together a few times, but did drink a lot of coffee in the morning. I don't know why I was surprised that it was fun, but it's happiness to have a decent relationship with my adult (almost 42-year old) child. 

One of the nice things about having the Senior Son around was the level of conversation. We did talk about politics. We did talk about the dumbing down of America. We did agree that it would be a whole different ball game had Feckless Loser just turned over the boxes and boxes of documents, and that had he done that, there would be no indictments. And we discussed this blog and the recent increase in traffic. 

That increase is significant and I'm rather enjoying watching the hit-o-meter spinning again just like it did before the cookie wars when everyone could reject all cookies. Just so you know the numbers, as I write this, the all time number of hits hit a 00 number: 
      • the first episode was published on Monday, July 26th, 2010 
      • there are (including this one) 675 published episodes
      • there are 475,800 total hits on THE WIFELY PERSON SPEAKS
      • to date, June 2023  has 12,908 separate hits.
That's a lot of hits, admittedly, more than usual these days. After checking with appropriate web monitors for web-crawlers, I have been assured this is not crawler activity. And this is not the first time I've had months like this. 

These days, I'm an old lady in the blogosphere. I have missed posting an episode only once...I was sick and put up a GONE FISHIN' sign once on May 30th, 2016. Twice if you count April 18th, 2022, but that one doesn't count because I posted one of Ziggy's jokes instead of writing something pithy. I've written through death, destruction, breast cancer surgeries, and assorted travels. I take this blog very seriously. And I have had a couple best of months when I ran the top rated episodes of all time. 

If you've never noticed, there are no ads on this blog, except for my three novels which are not sold through me, but through Amazon. I make no money from these mental meanderings nor will I ever. I do my homework and cite sources; if someone tells me I'm wrong about a statistic or a fact, and it turns out I am, I post the correction as soon as I vet it and attribute the correction to the first person who sent it. It's rare, but it does happen. I really try to be as truthful as possible and accurate in quotations.

I include a lotta links so you can see the articles and publications I reference. I want my readers to know where I'm getting my information. 

These days, I get fewer comments on the blog itself, but commentary through thewifelyperson@gmail.com have steadily increased over the years. And I answer every single email. And no, I do not get a lot of spam through that address. 

Why am I telling you this? 

The morning after last week's episode was published, someone whose opinion I respect, suggested in very specific terms that I stop writing about Feckless Loser. He offered no substantial reason, just that I should stop. This is not a right wing person, but someone who is dedicated to social justice and the Democratic party. I was stymied by the request. 

Truth be known, I would love to stop writing about Feckless Loser, but alas, this guy is not your usual press whore, he's down right dangerous. And while I know I'm usually preaching to the choir, every so often someone writes and says the links and the info I put out make a difference in their thinking. 

So if you want to know what has my knickers all twisted this week, read the transcript or watch a stream of William Barr, former US Attorney General, on last Sunday's Face the Nation. William Barr was on and while he has an agenda just like everyone else, he said some pretty shocking things. He's worth hearing, if only to try to sort through the hyperbole.

But maybe, if I didn't post this stuff, you might have missed a really interesting interaction...one that might help you to understand why Feckless Loser and his MAGA buddies are so very dangerous. They are not after the White House or Congress. These guys are after The Constitution Of The United States. Roe v. Wade was the canary in the coal mine, the tip of the iceberg, the man behind the curtain. 

I guess I could stop writing about that.

Or not. 

The Wifely Person's Tip o'the Week
My blog, my rules.
Agree? Disagree? 
Leave a comment or send an email
I will write back.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely your blog, your rules! Keep on writing whatever you want! It is all insightful.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete