Monday, July 22, 2019

Grow Up and Grow Some

Nine years ago, on July 19th, 2010, 472 episodes ago, I started this blog. 

I've been pretty good about not missing a week, even when I was on holiday. I felt a responsibility to my readers...and a fear that if I missed so much as one week without some kind of notice, all my readers would disappear while saying, "Just another blogger who couldn't stick it out."

So I went back to see what's changed in the 9 years. A lot has changed. Some of the stuff I thought was egregious isn't so bad anymore, but some is unfathomably worse. Lack of sensible guns law remains a total mystery after so many mass shootings I've lost count. And makes me wonder why we cannot pass sensible laws. There are mysteries I've yet to solve. 

But they ain't nothing in comparison with the mystery we have sitting in the oval office.

I have no words to describe my disgust at what he has done to reduce the status of the office of President of the United States to rubble. 

Ask yourself this question: if your kid (or grandkid) came home from school and said the things this man has said or tweeted, how would you respond to your child?

If you're okay with what he says, congratulations: you would've made a fine Nazi collaborator. 

I may not like Ilhan Omar, but she is a  citizen of this country, as are the other three members of the Squad. Frankly, I don't like any of them, but folks, they are all citizens, they were elected to Congress,  and they're not going "back" anywhere. 

The only person who hates American and Americans is the one sitting in the Oval Office. I don't have to list all the ways he demonstrates his hatred; he does a fine job doing it himself on Twitter. Stupid he's not; he's doing precisely what he has set out to do: distract all of us from the real issues. If you think he will stop the dismantling of The Constitution of the United States and the wholesale environmental destruction of the planet, guess again. All this because he hated a black POTUS.

Minor thing, I know. Hardly worth noting. 

NOT.

Did anyone hear the occupant tell the Prime MInister of Pakistan he would win the Afghan war in a week? Really? And he's the best thing that ever happened to Puerto Rico? Is this guy on drugs????????????????????????????????????

Frankly, the guy should just stop compensating for his teeny-tiny tootsie roll and man up. I think his obsession with golf has more to do with hitting balls with a stick than sinking them in a cup. There is something weirdly phallic about his golf game, as if it is some sadomasochistic ritual to compensate for his lack of genuine masculinity coming from his own balls. It sure as hell isn't his athletic ability. 

Ladies, you know exactly what I mean.

As for the Senate? Grow some spine. ALL OF YOU. Work at being adult. Remember what made you run for office and then try remembering the oath you swore on that Bible. Surprise us. Do something for the common good. 

I need to get past the rage I feel while watching the country I love embrace racism and hate. And on that note, I'm taking some time off.  See you all in a bit.

The Wifely Person's Tip o'the Week


Plant a tree. We're gonna need all the trees we can get. 

5 comments:

  1. Рleaѕe let me қnow іf you're looking for a author for your blog.

    You hqve some really great articles and I think I would be а good asset.
    If you ever want to take somme of the load off, I'd love to write some
    articles foг your blog in exchange for a ⅼink back tto mine.
    Please blast mе an email if interested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but no thanks. Just taking a brief holiday.

      Delete
    2. Tip o' the week to the "good asset": if you are seeking a an opportunity to write some blog articles, may I suggest you not seek them anonymously & may I also suggest you proof read your own entry -- you "hqve" "somme" typos "tto" highlight your skills.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your breather. Maybe volunteering for your chosen candidate or cause would help mitigate? Doing something active and positive is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy a well-deserved break - you deserve it. We are all exhausted from dealing with the insanity of the current regime. Rest, relax and come back fighting!!

    I just returned from Iceland - such a civilized and intelligent country. They understand that as a country they need to work together, with civility and facts, to combat issues such as global warming, homelessness, etc. They enacted a law to guarantee equal pay for women, and they have healthcare, affordable college education, as well as strict and sensible gun control. Why can't we do this?

    I feel rejuvenated to fight anew. I just hit the 2,500 mark for writing letters to voters and potential voters around the country. The current push is to register to vote - using VoteForward. People voting and uprising is the only way out of this nightmare. I have my pens, envelopes, stamps and letters in hand and ready to go! This is the only way I can keep my sanity - I need to so something!!

    ReplyDelete