Monday, January 1, 2024

What They Really, Really Want


I've gotten into the habit of ringing in the New Year on my own. That's not to say I wouldn't accept an invitation to go out, but to date, I've not gotten a better offer than me making something I like to eat, drinking something I like to drink, and reading. I've rarely noticed the ball drop since I left the retail world of china, crystal, and silver when I would watch the Waterford ball drop over Times Square...but that was because I knew the designer of all those crystals triangles and counted Jim O'Leary (z"l) as a good friend. And yes, I do think of him on New Year's Eve as I drink my beverage of choice from a Waterford stem. It's a fine tradition and unless something really enticing comes along, I'm gonna stick with it. 

This year, however, came with a whole lotta thinking about the state of the world, and the State of Israel, and not much celebrating. It's pretty well known that I detest Bibi, that I think he's the harbinger of the destruction of the State of Israel, at least in the court of public opinion....not that it matters much... and he has reduced the moral imperative to a mere shadow of its former self.  I am not so naive as to deny there is a certain mythology within the creation of the State of Israel...from both sides. People will construct their own truth based on what they want that truth to be, whether or not it's fact-based.

As revisionist as Israeli history can be, it doesn't hold a candle to the unmitigated fantasy the Palestinian propaganda machine is pumping out. I'm not going to rehash that here,  but let's succinctly say Palestine was NEVER its own country, Jesus was NOT a Palestinian...he was a Jew from the Kingdom of Judea, and the Temple Mount is called that because that's where the original Temple stood in Jerusalem, the capital city of the Kingdom 600 years BEFORE the creation of Islam. This is not opinion; this is historically accurate. Not that facts ever get in the way of good propaganda. 

So, here's how I ended the year in thought:

All those people shouting From the river to the sea and Free Palestine, may not fully understand that Palestine would be Judenrein...Jew Free. IF it's supposed to be Jew Free, what happens to the Israelis that already live there? Do they 
    1. move to Brooklyn? 
    2. Move to the middle of Australia? 
    3. Move to Africa?
    4. Or, as Hamas and the other radical jihadists propose, driven into the sea to die?
If option 4 is on the table, isn't that the same kind of genocide all those protesters are railing about? Or is it GOIIAJ.....genocide's okay if it's a Jew?

I've also been listening carefully to the pro-Palestinian pundits on the talk shows. I read what they say in the media. I hear their podcasts....but I never hear an endgame for what happens to the Israeli population....Jews, Arabs, Christians, Druze, Bedouins, or Bahá’ís...after Palestine is free from the river to the sea. 

Approximately 9 million people live in Israel. Where do they go?

And what's worse, NO ONE seems to be asking that question on the chat shows or even in the press. I do think that they are:
    1. Scared of the question
    2. Scared of the answer
    3. Scared to ask the question
    4. Scared to admit their interviewee really is advocating genocide
I don't think:
    1. Hamas, nor Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah, or Iran have a viable endgame in place
    2. no part of their endgame includes Jews remaining alive
    3. Hamas wants this war to end at all lest they no longer be thought of as victims. 
    4. this war is going to end any time soon, so long as Bibi is in power.
As long as the war does go on, it's increasingly difficult to fire Bibi as PM. But that also plays into the Gazans-as-victims playbook, relieving them of any and all responsibility for the massive death toll. The blame falls squarely on Bibi with no other factor in consideration. Never mind that human shields are procured, designated, and deployed rather successfully by Hamas. Instead of bemoaning the result of human shielding, they are called martyrs. Who doesn't want to be a martyr and go straight to heaven?

The next time you watch a chat show or read an "in-depth" article or listen to a podcast, ask yourself, What do they really want? If you're being honest with yourself, the answer can be terrifying. 

Just sayin'.

The Wifely Person's Tip o'the New Year
Confronted by pro-Palestine activists?
Engage in conversation if at all possible.
The question to sneak in is:
If Palestine is free from the river to the sea, 
where do the Israelis go?

Then, either leave a comment here or
 send an email with their response.
Inquiring minds want to know.

2 comments:

  1. Moral of the Harvard debacle: it's okay to threaten to kill all Jews but plagiarism is a more serious offense. I suppose it depends on the context. Seriously, copying someone else's acknowledgment text is pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said.  We are living in a hyper-partisan world with few willing to 
    talk to the other side, let alone live with them. I fear that we are 
    heading for a world war because so many people seem unwilling to compromise or listen to the other side in the interests of peace, justice and economic well-being.  People are easily led these days by the misinformation and propaganda they experience 24/7.  The response by the leaders is all about strength and violence and insuring that we do not see "the other" as a human being.

    ReplyDelete